Directions to Us
From North of Boston
- Take Route 93 South to Charlestown/Sullivan Sq. Exit 28. Bear left following signs for Boston via Sullivan Sq., Charlestown. Bear left up ramp. Go through first set of lights. Stay in extreme left lane, following signs for City Sq./Constitution Rd. Go left at second lights. (see * to continue)
From South of Boston
- Take Route 93 North towards Boston to Exit 23 towards Government Center. Keep right to take the ramp toward North End/Charlestown. Continue onto Cross St. for half a mile, then use any lane to turn slightly right onto North Washington Street. Stay on North Washington St. for half a mile then turn right onto Chelsea St. Take 3rd right onto 5th Street. First left onto 1st Avenue. First Left onto 6th Street, then Right onto 3rd Avenue.
From Route 1 South Over Tobin Bridge
- Take RouteAfter tolls, take first exit (Charlestown/Somerville). Go through tunnel staying to extreme right (Charlestown/Rutherford Ave.) At traffic lights turn right and proceed to extreme left of road. Go to next traffic light and turn left. (see * to continue)
From West of Boston
- Take the Mass Turnpike (Route 90) to Allston/Brighton and Cambridge Exit. After toll, bear right toward Cambridge. At first light turn right onto Storrow Drive. Continue along beside the river for approximately 3 miles to traffic light at end. Take right (stay right at ramp), go beneath underpass to traffic light. Turn left onto Causeway Street and go to second traffic light (one light after the Fleet Center). At this light turn left onto the Charlestown Bridge. At end of bridge turn right. (see * to continue)
*Continuation from All Points
- Go through 2 traffic lights on Chelsea Street. Turn right at the third traffic light – this is 5th St. Turn left at the Stop sign onto 1st Ave., and then take your second left onto 7th St. Go a short distance and you will see 3rd Ave. Take a right and there may be metered parking spaces available.
- Parking Garage: There is parking garage on 13th Street.
- There is a free shuttle run by Partners Healthcare that goes to and from Mass General Hospital (MGH) to the Charlestown Navy Yard. This shuttle is open to the public and picks up at both the MGH main hospital (off of the Charles/MGH stop on the red subway line) and North Station (on the green line).
- At the main hospital at the Charles MGH stop on the red subway line, the pickup is on Blossom Street, Jackson Building at the back of the hospital. On weekdays, it runs every quarter-hour (for precise schedule, see below). Enter the main hospital at the White building entrance and walk all the way to the back of the hospital, turn right and exit via the door of the Jackson Building. Note that there are a number of information desks at the hospital where you can ask for the location of the shuttle bus.
- At North Station, the pickup is directly across the road from the Boston Garden on the Central Artery, just outside the entrance to the Orange Line. From North station: head downstairs to the road. Cross the street in the direction of the Orange Line. Outside of the Orange Line is a “waiting area” where someone will be selling flowers and others should be waiting for the Partners Shuttle. The shuttle leaves main MGH every quarter-hour and reaches North Station about 5-7 minutes later (for precise schedule, see below).
MGH/Partners Shuttle Bus Schedule
6:45am – 6:00pm: leaves every 15 minutes
6:15pm – 11:00pm: leaves every 30 minutes
Arrives/Departs Main Campus (Blossom Street) on the hour and half hour
Arrives/Departs MGH-East (Charlestown Navy Yard) fifteen minutes before and after the hour
There is a MBTA bus that runs from various points such as Park Street, Sullivan Square. Please review this website.
There is a boat shuttle to and from the Charlestown Navy Yard and Long Wharf, Boston, operated by Boston Harbor Cruises and the MBTA. Please visit their website for the most up-to-date schedule.